27 January 2012

Seattle Mariners Top 10 Prospects

The list is out.



1. Jesus Montero,C

2. Taijuan Walker, RHP

3. Danny Hultzen, LHP

4. James Paxton, LHP

5. Nick Franklin, 2B/SS

6. Francisco Martinez, 3B

7. Chance Ruffin, RHP

8. Tom Wilhelmsen, RHP

9. Vinnie Catricala, 3B/1B/OF

10. Phillips Castillo,OF

The talent pool is top heavy that's for sure. The world seems pretty down Catricala seeing how he doesn't have a position, which I don't necessarily agree with. Martinez and Catricala should be in swapped in my opinion. But hey, it's a top 10 list. The numerical values after Franklin could be easily swapped around in any order and the differences would be minuet.

Considering 4 of our top 5 are near major league ready, I'll really be looking forward to this years draft.




2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge Catricala fan. Personally, sitting 6th on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Harrison, I like him a lot. I'm not sure why he has been down on so many list so far (other than he has no true position yet). Hopefully we'll see him move up on next year's list.

    ReplyDelete